Soyabean chunks,one can define as soy nuggets prepared from defatted Soya flour by the process of extrusion cooking. They are raw,tasteless and odourless.Firm in nature and brown in color with a rough texture.
- Soyabean chunks have a high protein content.
- They are a good source of vitamin B and K, folate and riboflavi
- They are a good source of isoflavones that help to reduce the risk of osteoporosis.
- Being a good source of omega- 3 fatty acids and fiber.
- Soyabean chunks helps to lower down cholesterol levels in a body.
- Presence of high fiber content in them.
- contain antioxidants and phytonutrients
- Look for soyabean chunks in well packaged form.
- Make sure the chunks are whole and not powdery.
I am going to share my favorite dish of Soyabean i.e Simply Soyabean.Honestly,its my invention.I always like to prepare dishes which can be made in a jiffy and with requirement of less ingredients.
Ingredients:Soyabean Chunks,Sliced onions,red chilli,curry leaves,salt,mustard seeds & Turmeric powder,a pinch of red chilli powder & coriander powder(for tanginess) & ½ tbsp of sugar & coriander leaves(optional).
- Put Soyabean chunks in bubbling water for 10-15 mins and keep them aside.
- Take a frying pan,put oil and mustard seeds.Wait till the mustard seeds starts crackling.
- After that,add curry leaves & redchilli and saute it for some time.
- Put onions and saute till the onion becomes translucent.
- Put all powders like turmeric,redchilli & coriander & sugar and saute till the pan oozes oil.
- Finally,put the shrink soybean chunks and salt in the pan and saute it till it forms a coating of all the ingredients put.
- Cover the lid for atleast 7-10 minutes in low to medium flame and check in between so that it does not burn.
- Put chopped coriander leaves(optional) and serve it with rice, or roti.