Insomnia is a sleep disorder that can make it hard to fall asleep, or cause you to wake up too early and not be able to get back to sleep. In simple terms, It can be as defined by the presence of an individual’s report of difficulty with sleep.
Main cause of Insomnia-
The Main causes of insomnia include stress( anxiety and depression), an irregular sleep schedule,poor eating habits,lack of exercise,lack of exposure to sunlight, physical illnesses and pain, and certain medications.
3 types of Insomnia-
- Transient insomnia – Less than one month.
- Short-term insomnia – Between one and six months.
- Chronic insomnia – More than six months.
Signs of Insomnia
- Could not sleep at night. Wake up early and cannot go back to sleep.
- Still feel tired after waking up.
- Find it hard to nap during the day even though you’re tired.
Tips and Tricks to stop Insomnia:
- Stick to a sleep schedule.
- Keep your bedtime and wake time consistent from day to day, including on weekends.
- Stay active and Exercise.
- Check your medications.
- Avoid or limit naps.
- Avoid large meals and beverages before bed.
- Avoid chemicals that disrupt sleep, such as nicotine, caffeine, and alcohol.
- Take a hot shower or bath at the end of your day.
- Avoid screens one to two hours before bed.
- Keep your bedroom dark and cool,and try to use it only for sleeping.
- Get into bed only if you are tired.
- Get out of bed if you dont fall asleep within 20 minutes.
Insomnia can be a result of a person’s lifestyle or work schedule.
Women can experience insomnia during all stages of pregnancy.
consuming added sugar and refined carbs was associated with higher odds of insomnia.
Banana is the perfect sleep aid.
Do not hesitate to take help of a doctor if you feel awkward.
Insomnia is treatable.